Friday, November 2, 2012

Images




Interview by Ed Stuart


Who’s answering the questions?
Nick Faciane

Where is the band from?
The band is originally from Carson, CA. I live in San Pedro and Ryan lives in Wilmington.

Who is in the band and what instrument do they play?
James Carman - Drums
Ryan Miranda - Bass
Good Looking - Guitar

How did the band get started?
Ryan and James have been playing together since they were kids. When I was in high school I befriended James over the mutual interest of skateboarding. My first band, The Medics, ended up playing a string of shows with Easy Image, Ryan and James, and they later asked me if I could fill in when they kicked out their guitar player. I told them I would fill in until they found another. 7 years later and I’m not sure if I’m still filling in or not.

James, what made you decides to play drums and sing? Originally, were you just singing?
James is the front man. Originally he was up front and singing for the band. But after thousands of drummers spontaneously combusting on stage it got to the point where I just told him, "Look dude, we’re not going to find a drummer better than you. You should just play drums." I feel we made the right choice.

How did you guys originally hook up with the Buzzcocks? I remember seeing Images open for Buzzcocks at House of Blues in 2010 when they were playing Another Music in a Different Kitchen in its entirety. Looks like Images played with Buzzcocks again earlier this year.
This story goes back to those high school days. James comes up to me in the locker room one morning with this look in his eye. He says, "Dude, I met the Buzzcocks last night!" I didn’t believe him for one second. I’m thinking okay, this kid is telling another tale. He’s going on and on about how he kept in contact with Pete Shelley via email. And I’m thinking… "Yeahhh right, Pete Shelley uses MSN!” A few months later James is telling me that Pete had heard our recordings and really liked them and asked us to open for Buzzcocks the next time they would be in Los Angeles. So it’s July 2005 and we are driving to the House of Blues and I’m thinking that we are going to pull up to the venue and they are going to have no clue who we are. Next thing I know I’m playing on stage at the House Of Blues opening for Buzzcocks and shitting my pants. After that night we kept in contact with them and now we are all buddy buddy with them. It’s awesome. We really look up to that band and were glad we have the opportunity to play with them like we do.

How is the Thought Patterns single doing? Water Under The Bridge put that out. Do you guys have a San Pedro connection? I see it was recorded at Calimucho.
I am a San Pedro native, born and raised; I’ll probably end up dying there too. It’s a weird thing about that town. People joke about it being this black hole ghetto by the sea, but everyone who lives there loves it. Even if they won’t admit it. Once you get sucked in there’s no going back out. Anyways, we recorded at Cali Mucho with our buddy Kid Kevin. He also makes our t-shirts! The record is doing well, and I’m just surprised Craig Ibarra wanted to put out our record in the first place. I feel honored.

Any plans for an LP?
Yes. As soon as we get back from England this is first priority. We are working on new material and recording at the moment.

Did any specific bands influence Images sound?
There are tons, and they constantly change with our moods and as the years go on. Right now I have everything from Nick Lowe to Teengenerate on my iPod.
I can’t really speak for the other guys on this, but I’m sure we can agree on the classics like Ramones, Buzzcocks, Clash, The Damned, The Jam, you know, all the good stuff. We are all fans of the Red Onions.

Where can people hear the band?
The best way would be to come out to our shows and buy our records. But you can always find us on Facebook, ReverbNation.com/images and myspace.com/images.
I’ve really been procrastinating on setting up a website, but I promise, it’s coming.

What’s in the future?
Stay tuned for more rock and roll!










No comments:

Post a Comment